What You Need To Know
Hope’s Haven serves abused and neglected children ages 8 to 18 who have been wards of the state. Through an outdoor camping experience, we introduce the life-changing and healing reality of Jesus Christ. With a child-to-staff ratio of 2:1 and therapeutic programming, we seek to equip these children to live meaningful and productive lives.
At Hope’s Haven, we provide the following:
– A safe Christian camping experience exclusively for children in the care of a social services agency.
– Carefully trained and screened volunteer camp Mentors, who are at least 21 years of age.
– A Camper/Mentor ratio of 2 to 1. Campers are supervised 100 percent of the time.
– All Mentors and everyone else affiliated with Hope’s Haven has criminal history and child abuse clearances.
– A meaningful camping experience for no more than 24 children per week. We accept children ages 8 to 18.
– On-site medical personnel 24/7 to administer medications or address other health issues as they arise.
– Qualified lifeguards and other specially trained staff as needed, as well as Guides who will help with specific tasks.
– A program fully insured by James O. Bower Insurance, Inc.
– Lots of fun! This is, after all, a great summer camping experience at a wonderful facility. Campers will enjoy the great outdoors and varied, age-appropriate activities that may include swimming, hiking, boating, horseback riding, crafts, etc.